Saturday, April 19, 2008

How to Speed Up Your Slow PC

Do you want to learn how to speed up your slow computer? I know how frustrating it can feel when your computer starts processing much slower than it should. This article will look at the reasons why that can happen, and what I did to optimize my computer speed again.

1. Why Do Computers Slow Down?

The more software you install and run on your computer, the easier it is for your computer to start slowing down. More programs on your PC will cause it to require more memory from your RAM. You may have known this already, but do you know that there are also many cases where PCs slow down even when there are not many programs installed into it?

2. Registry Errors

A majority of computers, including my own, will slow down because of errors or bad and missing entries in the registry. The registry is a critical component of the computer that stores all the instructions to run every program and application on your PC. These instructions are stored in registry keys, which can become corrupted after a prolonged period of use. To keep your PC running quickly, you will need to maintain your registry cleaner.

3. Downloading A Cleaner Software

There are many registry cleaners on the internet, with many outdated ones that cannot detect many errors too. If you want to download the top rated software that I personally used to speed up my slow computer, you can visit my website link at the end of this article to find out more.

4. Uninstall The Unused Programs

You probably also have several programs on your computer that you really do not need anymore. Unless you have very big RAM space, try not to keep these programs around because they are a huge liability on your PC memory.

You can easily delete unwanted programs from your computer by using the Add/Remove Programs function in your Control Panel. Removing them should free up memory space. But if you find that this does not help much in speeding up your computer, then your registry might be the main culprit.

Are you looking to speed up your slow computer? Read the author's review of the Best Registry Cleaners on the market now at http://www.review-best.com/registry-cleaner.htm and completely clean up your computer registry in 2 minutes!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Austin_Porter

2 comments:

tahtimbo said...

I just wanted to let you know that I use TuneUp Utilities and it works great.

Andreas said...

Ah, thanks for the comment.
I've heard a lot good stuff about TuneUp Utilities but I haven't tried it out myself, which is why I don't recommend it yet.

I maybe tryout TuneUp Utilities in the future but right now I'm happy with my XoftSpySE :-).